Amit Shah forcibly exiled from Gujarat state from 2010 to 2012. And Shah moved with his wife to Gujarat Bhavan, Delhi. Justice Aftab Alam took a petition at his residence to ban him from entering Gujarat as he could affect the CBI inquiry.
- 10 Intersting Things To Know About Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The 10 Most Handsome Popular Politicians Of India.
Amit Shah is usually known as the modern-day “Chanakya” of the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP). He comes from a Gujarati Hindu Vaishnava family who were Baniyas. Amit Shah played a vital role in increasing BJP footprints in many regions of India. It is only because of his organizational skills, which are a matter of envy for any political strategist. Shah was the BJP’s in-charge for India’s largest politically most critical state, Uttar Pradesh during the 2014 Lok Sabha election. Amit Shah is currently serving as Minister of Home Affairs of India. Also, he is a chief strategist of the BJP and close aide to Narendra Modi.
Here are some interesting facts to know about Home minister Amit Shah’s life:
- Amit Shah is 55 years old and his birth name is Amit Anilchandra Shah.
- Shah is graduated in B.Sc. degree in biochemistry. Before joining politics he also worked as a stock-broker and in a co-operative bank in Ahmedabad. He gave up his father PVC pipe business to join politics.
- He has six sisters from which two lives in Chicago. Amit Shah is married to Sonal Shah and has a son, Jay Shah.
- Shah became the youngest serving full-time Home Minister at the age of 54.
- Amit Shah took oath as cabinet minister on 30 May 2019 and took office as minister of home-affairs on 01 June 2019. He is the 31st minister of Home-affairs of India.
- He first met Narendra Modi in 1982 through Ahmedabad RSS circle of that Modi was a propagator and working as in-charge of youth activities in Ahmedabad city.
- Amit Shah joined BJP in 1987, one year before Narendra Modi joined the party.
- Shah was arrested on 25 July 2010 in connection with the Sohrubuddin murder case and charged with murder, extortion, and kidnapping. Gujrat High court gave bail three months after his arrest on Friday 29 Oct 2010.
- After getting bail Shah forcibly exiled from Gujarat state from 2010 to 2012. And Shah moved with his wife to Gujarat Bhavan, Delhi. Justice Aftab Alam took a petition at his residence to ban him from entering Gujarat as he could affect the CBI inquiry. Later, the supreme court dismissed charges and allowed Shah to get back to the state of Gujarat.
- Shah was first elected in Ahmedabad, Sarkhej, MLA in 1997, holding his position in 1998, 2002, 2007, and 2012 from Naranpura.
- In 1999, Shah was elected as the president of Ahmedabad district Co-operative bank (ADCB), the biggest co-operative bank of India. When Shah joined the bank, it was in a loss of 36 crores. Within a year bank registered a profit of 27 crores. And by 2014, bank profit increased to 250 crores.
These were some interesting facts about Home Minister Amit Shah. Let us know in the comment section if you know some other facts about Amit Shah.